Friday, March 5, 2010

linda linklink

100 Year Business Plan


In 100 years I will be dead and so will you. What will be left behind of the work you did this week? What about your life's work?


I've been thinking about this since I heard of several Japanese companies having 250 year business plans. 250 years is a bit much for me so I've just gone for a 100 year medium-term one. I am fully aware that "no plan survives the battlefield" and think it's vital to have one none the less.

This type of long-term thinking may seem shocking from a "quick-fix" Western point of view and utterly pointless from an ego-centric "what do I care, I'll be dead" mentality. Short-term unsustainable thinking has been at the root of many of the world's problems from the global economic downturn to environmental degradation. Note that "time-frames of consideration" usually increase developmentally(though this doesn't mean people are not present in the moment) so this type of thinking shows a certain maturity.

In balance to my last post suggesting the lens of "would I still so this if I had a year to live?" can be useful, I would also suggest that asking "How does this fit into my 100 year business plan" is another good one. Is your work sustainable? Is it making a difference? If not, why bother?

linda linklink

About linda linklink -

Author Description here.. Nulla sagittis convallis. Curabitur consequat. Quisque metus enim, venenatis fermentum, mollis in, porta et, nibh. Duis vulputate elit in elit. Mauris dictum libero id justo.

Subscribe to this Blog via Email :

Fashion,Fashion Style Ttrends, hair Style, Fashion Style, Fashion Style Fashion,Fashion Style Ttrends, hair Style, Fashion Style, Fashion Style 2015